- Cluster Finds Turbulent Eddies May Warm the Solar Wind
- 01.08.13 – A new study of data obtained by the European Space Agency's Cluster spacecraft may help explain why the flow of electrically charged particles and magnetic fields from the sun, the solar wind, is hotter than it should be.
- Hidden Portals in Earth’s Magnetic Field
- 07.02.12 – A NASA-funded researcher at the University of Iowa has figured out how to find X-points, places where the magnetic field of Earth connects to the magnetic field of the Sun.
- Goddard Collaborates on MMS Instrument
- 04.30.12 – During the last week of March, 2012, researchers from Goddard, Marshall, SWRI and Japan came together to test a key instrument for the Magnetospheric…
- Spacecraft Cleanroom Goes Green
- 01.13.12 – MMS mission requirements lead to construction of a new ‘Green’ cleanroom, where the four identical spacecraft will be assembled and integrated.
- Goddard Building Instrument To Study Reconnection
- 04.29.11 – At NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, scientists and engineers are working on a crucial element of the the Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) mission to study magnetic reconnection: the Fast Plasma Instrument (FPI).
- NASA Goddard and University of Idaho Create Solutions for 2 NASA Missions
- 12.19.08 – Pen-Shu Yeh is a senior engineer at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. and a grant technical officer. She’s also the person that helped create unique solutions for data compression for future missions with a team from the University of Idaho (U-Idaho). Those solutions are now going to fly on two of NASA’s upcoming missions.
NASA Goddard Office of Communications
NASA Headquarters Office of Communications